The hard work and dedication demonstrated by your school district deserves to be recognized-and Public Schools Week is the perfect opportunity to do so! Held during February 27th to March 3rd Public Schools Week is a designated time for school leaders, administrators, teachers, school board members and parents to host events for their communities and reach out to lawmakers, businesses, and other community members to discuss the importance of public education. Direct your team in highlighting your school’s unique strengths to your community with any of the below ideas on your social media platforms.
- Share what you love about your school and use the hashtag #PSW23 to help get the word out on a larger scale on social media. Use compelling imagery/video to tell the story of your school and what makes it special to you. Examples could include pictures of students participating in a new program or initiative or sharing video of improvements made to your school that elevate the student experience.
- Participate in the Twitter Chat: Engaging Your Community on March 1, 7-7:45 p.m. to join school leaders, parents, experts, and more in a discussion of best approaches to strengthen family/school/community engagement. This can be a great way to learn new approaches for improvement while also sharing your school district’s wins to other schools.
- Faculty Highlights: Don’t be shy in recognizing those that go above and beyond for your students!
- Resilience during Covid: Highlight the measures your school took to keep your students safe during the pandemic and the actions your district has taken to ensure a high quality of education during a time of uncertainty.
- Community stakeholder appreciation: Take the time to thank and highlight the local business and lawmakers that have been a consistent support in your district’s efforts. Share the ways in which they have contributed to your school, further strengthening the connection.
Looking for more ideas to highlight your school district’s success beyond Public School Week? Reach out to our team of bespoke school communication experts to take your social media and communication strategy to the next level!